Friday, April 29, 2011

your experience is now mine and my experience is yours to ponder


The international dance day message by Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker is quite relevant to the questions I have been researching:

"People have always danced to celebrate the crucial moments of life and our bodies carry the memory of all the possible human experiences.

We carry the world in our bodies"



I fully believe, live and understand this statement. I fear the shift in living further and further away from our body will have greater impact than we can ever actually measure. It is this measure we should not look for, but instead fight to stay in the lived and shared experience.

Happy International Dance Day, make sure you skip, jump and leap tomorrow... I know I will be.


taking your experience for mine,
opens Friday April 29th, International Dance Day
at the Scotiabank Dance Centre at 8pm. Tickets available on Ticketstonight.ca
Join Me!




Photos top to bottom by Chris Randle, Chris Randle, Andrew Hawryshkewich, Andrew Hawryshkewich

No comments:

Post a Comment